Memphis Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home or business.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Midtown Memphis for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold
Cleaning mold, when found, should be done very carefully in order not to spread it to other areas that may not have a mold issue. Cleaning mold by the homeowner should only be done if the area is very small, and never with bleach. Bleach can only change the color of the mold, leaving you a false sense of safety.
SERVPRO professionals are trained and ready to take on any mold remediation projects at home and businesses.