SERVPRO of Midtown Memphis was called to help assist a local High School that had water flood due to overnight flash floods
Helping Schools Provide Clean, Healthy Environments for Our Children
Educational institutes can depend on their local SERVPRO Franchise Professionals for fast, thorough service in the event of a fire, water or mold damage. With 24 hour emergency response SERVPRO Franchise Professionals provide mitigation, cleanup and restoration services to reduce recovery costs and to help ensure minimal interruption to your curriculum.
Your local SERVPRO Franchise also provides expert cleaning for emergencies or special needs exceeding routine janitorial capabilites, including stain removal, upholstery and drapery dry cleaning, indoor air quality and vandalism cleanup.
Our Franchise Professionals are trained to clean and sanitize building materials, surfaces and contents following restoration industry standards, using professional cleaning products and EPA registered cleaners and disinfectants.
SERVPRO - In a Class By Ourselves:
*Over 1,700 Franchise Nationwide
* Serving America Since 1967
* Trusted by Hundreds of Insurance Companies Nationwide
* Nationwide Disaster Recovery Team
*24- Hour Emergency Response
When Severe Weather Hits Memphis Tn
The odds of being struck by lightning in your lifetime is 1 in 3,000.
Flooding presents a serious risk to your commercial or residential property, the occurrences of interior and coastal flooding or other intrusion events is becoming more common. It only takes 24 hours following a water intrusion before your property is in jeopardy of secondary damages.
Severe weather can cause damages to your roof leaving your home or business vulnerable to water damage. SERVPRO of Midtown Memphis has a 24 hour emergency service. Our emergency service team is equipped to handle the following:
Temporary roof repair
Debris clean up
Water clean up
Structural water dry-out
We also offer a complete reconstruction service so you can work with one contractor to make things "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Midtown Memphis professionals are ready to address any and all damages you may have. If you experience wind and storm damage to your home or business contact our office at 901-454-4975
How to Prepare Your Business for a Fire
Being prepared for a business fire is an essential part of any disaster preparation plan. While a fie might seem unlikely, mistakes and unexpected things do happen. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and if you experience the worst, there are fire remediation solutions to get you back on your feet in no time.
Fire Extinguishing Equipment
For proper fire preparation, ensure you have enough fire extinguishers around the building and make sure they are updated. They should be stamped with a date, which should be less than a year old. The extinguishers must also be mounted correctly and without any obstructions around them. If your building has a hood system, it is necessary to have it inspected twice per year. If you have a sprinkler system, the sprinklers themselves should not have anything within 18 inches of them. Fire doors must also be clear and fully functioning.
It's also important to talk about the possibilities of a business fire with your employees and make sure they are trained on what to do in potential emergency situations. Make sure they keep combustibles away from heat sources, properly use and store flammables, and know how to operate fire extinguishers and where they are located. It is not a bad idea to conduct fire drills occasionally, especially for larger businesses with many employees.
Keep your building safe
To prevent fire damage, it is also important that other parts of the building are up to code and safe to operate, as well as clutter-free for employees to safely do their jobs.
Electrical outlets should not have exposed wiring.
Extension cords should generally only be used as a temporary solution.
Electrical panels should have at least 36 inches of clearance.
Hallways should be clear of unnecessary trash or clutter.
Water Damage Response Tips for Property Owners
Even small water damages have the potential to cause serious structural and indoor air quality issues over time. The key to avoiding costly future restoration is to handle every water problem as a real threat to your property.
These tips are for clean water situations only:
1. Shut off the water source if possible, and if it can be done safely.
2. Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
3. Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying. Do not put cushion covers in washing machine.
4. Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs.
5. Hang furs and leather goods separately at room temperature.
6. Remove oriental or other colored rugs from wet carpeting.
7. Do not use a regular vacuum to remove water.
8. Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
9. Do not leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpeting.
If you have any questions or need help to ensure your property is drying properly, contact SERVPRO of Midtown Memphis today
SERVPRO's Disaster Recovery Team
SERVPRO's Disaster Recovery Teams were recruited to serve your policyholder's commercial large loss needs. This elite group of large loss specialist are pre-qualified and strategically positioned throughout the United States with substantial resources through a network or over 1,700 Franchises. Corporate review and communication on every file helps meet the predetermined client-specific needs. Immediate response, 24/7/365, through 1-800-SERVPRO will minimize business interruptions.
With the ability to mobilize local command centers, along with the resources of more than 1,700 Franchises nationwide, no disaster is too big. Recent mobilizations of the Catastrophic Storm Response Teams include:
- 2017 California wildfires
- 2017 Hurricane Irma
- 2017 Hurricane Harvey
- 2016 Hurricane Matthew
- 2015 Carolina floods
- 2014 Polar Vortex
- 2012 Sandy
- 2010 Nashville floods
- 2008 Ike
- 2007 Chicago floods
- 2007 Ohio floods
- 2007 California wildfires
- 2005 Katrina/Wilma/Rita
When Fire and Water take control of your life, we help you take it back
Mitigation requires quick action. The faster a SERVPRO Franchise Professionals arrives on - site to perform cleanup and restoration, the better the results- including loser claim cost.
Fire, Smoke and Soot Restoration Services include-
*Structural Cleaning- After a smoke or fire damage, ceilings, walls, woodwork, carpeting and floors will often need a thorough cleaning.
*Content Cleaning- All of the restorable contents in affected area will be professionally cleaned and deodorized
* Deodorization- SERVPRO Franchise Professionals provide specialized services that rid your home or place of business of offensive odors left by fire or smoke damage.
Emergency Fire Damage Process Overview
* One Hour- Within one hour from notice of loss, SERVPRO of Midtown Memphis will contact you to arrange for service.
* Four Hours- Within four hours of loss notification, a SERVPRO Franchise Professional will be on-site to start mitigation services. The key to reducing damage and saving money is to respond quickly to your damage.
* Detailed Explanation- A trained, uniformed and equipped SERVPRO Franchise Professional will walk you though the job process step-by-step, explaining what to expect and the anticipated outcome.
* Pretesting- SERVPRO Franchise Professional will begin pretesting for restorability, working from the source of the damage outward.
*Eight Hours- Within eight hours of on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the appropriate person, normally your adjuster or property manager
* Cleaning, Restoration & Deodorization- SERVPRO Franchise Professional will work neatly and efficiently to help you regain control of your property when a damaging event has taken over
* Final Walk- Through- After the work has been completed, a final walk-through will be conducted with you to help ensure your satisfaction
For more information call our office at 901-454-4975
Emergency Ready Profile
As many as 50% of businesses close down following a disaster, according to the latest research. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind, and knowing you are "Ready for what ever happens" speaks trust to your clients and employees that in the event your business is affected by a disaster, they don't necessarily have to be.
By developing a SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
The SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile is a start up approach that provides the critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services. It is designed to serve as a quick reference of important building and contact information. By working with SERVPRO'S Emergency Ready Profile, your business can receive the benefit of over 50 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural or man-made disaster.
This is a no cost assessment for your facility. This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost!
Call our office at 901-454-4975 to learn more on how to set up this profile for your facility and get prepared before disaster strikes!
Steps You Can Take to Prevent Flooding from Heavy Rainfall
The biggest cause of flooding due to heavy rain is drainage issues. Once water starts pooling above or below the ground, it can seep into your home or business through the cracks or directly through the walls. If you notice pooling around your home or business you should call a professional to come in and assess the drainage around the area. Additionally, there are some actions that you can take that will help prevent flooding during a heavy rainfall
1. Use less water during heavy rainfall- Doing simple things such as running the dishwasher, doing laundry or taking a shower will only make problems worse. The access water entering the sewer causes an increased chance of a flood or sewage backup.
2. Clean your gutters- Although gutters are not the direct cause of flooding, they can cause pooling of water around the foundation of your home or business.
3. Check the landscaping around your home or business- The ground around the foundation of your home or business should slope away from the property.
4. Fix cracks and gaps in the foundation of your home or business- It is very important to fix any cracks or gaps in the foundation as soon as you can.
5. Waterproof the foundation of your home or business- Although foundations are waterproofed when they are build, the coasting only lasts for a limited amount of time.
6. Install a drainage system- If you seem to be having flooding problems often around the foundation of your home or business, it may be a good idea to look into installing a drainage system.
If you have any questions about water or flooding damage, please do not hesitate to call SERVPRO of Midtown Memphis 901-454-4975
Storm Damage Cleanup and Restoration
When you are dealing with storm, flood, and water damage, immediate action is crucial. You should choose the company with storm damage experience and expertise that has the resources and equipment to handle the job. SERVPRO of Midtown Memphis can respond immediately to storm and flooding conditions.
Why choose SERVPRO of Midtown Memphis?
We're Faster to Any Size Disaster : we are dedicated to responding immediately to water and storm damage emergencies. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damages, and reduces cost.
We're Highly Trained Storm Specialists: As leaders in the storm and water damage industry, we have advanced training and expertise, not to mention a tremendous amount of hands on experience. We use this training and experience to quickly dry your home and restore it back to pre-storm conditions.
We Have the Resources to Handle Storm and Disasters: We can access the resources and personnel of 1,700 Franchises to handle major storms and disasters.
Emergency Storm Tips
SERVPRO of Midtown Memphis provides 24 hour emergency services and is dedicated to being faster to any size disaster. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
24- Hour Emergency Service
Faster to any size disaster
Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
Locally Owned and Operated
Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Residential Services: Whether your home needs emergency flood damage or your home packed and moved, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best.
Commercial Services: There's never a convenient time for fire or water damage to strike your commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business.