Water Damage Response Tips for Property Owners
Even small water damages have the potential to cause serious structural and indoor air quality issues over time. The key to avoiding costly future restoration is to handle every water problem as a real threat to your property.
These tips are for clean water situations only:
1. Shut off the water source if possible, and if it can be done safely.
2. Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
3. Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying. Do not put cushion covers in washing machine.
4. Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs.
5. Hang furs and leather goods separately at room temperature.
6. Remove oriental or other colored rugs from wet carpeting.
7. Do not use a regular vacuum to remove water.
8. Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
9. Do not leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpeting.
If you have any questions or need help to ensure your property is drying properly, contact SERVPRO of Midtown Memphis today