If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (901) 454-4975

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Avoiding fire in your residential or commercial property

2/12/2021 (Permalink)

Servpro logo with fire SERVPRO Midtown Memphis

A fire in your residential or commercial property can spread quickly and become a deadly fire within a few minutes. Just a few precautions taken beforehand can protect you and your apartment. 

* Inspection first: Take a good look around your home to make sure all potential hazards have been identified and eliminated. 

1. Use surge protectors in place of overloaded circuits or extension cords

2. Appliance cords that are frayed or cracked are replaced immediately 

3. No cords are being extended under rugs or between rooms. 

4. Space heaters are not being used near flammable materials, such as furniture and drapery. Make sure your space heaters are always turned off when the room is empty or everyone is going to bed.

5. No matches or lighters are in reach of children. 

6. Candles and incense are never left unattended- make sure these items are far away from curtains and other flammable materials. 

*Kitchen Safety:

1. Never leave food cooking on your stove unattended

2. Keep towels and potholders away from cooking areas

3. Don't wear loosely fitted sleeves while cooking

* Smoke alarms

1. Make sure there are alarms in your apartment and that they are functioning correctly. 

Other News

View Recent Posts